Sunday 4 November 2012

Speakers Corner


Speakers Corner, on the northeast corner of Hyde Park by the Marble Arch, is a place where anyone, even you or me, could stand up and talk about whatever they want.  They could talk about their religion, political view, or even just stand up and sing.  There was actually a guy singing when I went there!  There were about three people standing around him.  The rest of the people were either standing around an American dressed in a southern preachers outfit or a Muslim talking about his religion.  However, don't get the idea that the people talking are invincible.  There are plenty of people around heckling the speakers.


In this picture you can see the American talking and how many people are around him either listening, video taping, or heckling him.

Nottingham has a Speakers corner too but it's obviously not as popular and only one person can be speaking at a time.  I've walked past a couple of times and seen someone talking but I've never seen anyone heckling the speaker.

The Speakers Corner in London is one of my favorite things we've done in England so far and I can't wait to go back!  It's just fun to stand and listen to all the people talking and heckling each other.  It's definitely a must do if you go to London. =)

1 comment:

  1. you never told me you had a blog lol, its really good
    sarah xx

    ReplyDelete