Monday 9 July 2012

Family Crests

All of my mom's and part af my dad's side of our family names originated from countries in the UK.  A few of these family names had what you would call a coat of arms.  A coat of arms is a heraldic design on a shield used to cover and protect armor and to identify the wearer.  In ancient times it was displayed on a coat of cloth.  The design was unique to an individual person and to his family.

Here are a few of the family crests from my mom's side of the family:

MORRISON (my maternal granddad):


JOHNSTON (my maternal grandad's mom's name):


SCOTT (my maternal grandma's dad's name):


WILSON (my maternal grandma's mom's name):



Here are a few of the family crests from my dad's side of the family:

JOHNSON (my paternal grandpa's mom's name):


McCLINTOCK (my paternal grandma's mom's name):




1 comment: