Thursday 7 February 2013

Horse Riding

One of the hobbies I hated to leave behind in the US was the horse care and horse riding lessons I was getting from Julie, one of the moms from my 4-H club.  I have a lot of fun when I go help take care and ride the horses at her place.  I wanted to join some clubs over here so I could meet some other kids.  I decided to join a horse riding club!  I have already had seven lessons and they were all really fun despite the fact that a few times my toes felt like they were going to fall off because it was so cold.  Luckily, I got some woolly socks to help with that. =)   I learned in my first lesson how to trot.  It dawned on me that I would be riding using English style.  It's not too much different but the way you trot is different than the way you would trot Western style.  It's a bit too bumpy for my liking but I've gotten used to it.  The horse I've been riding is called Jango.  Jango is a very stubborn horse because he refuses to trot in the corners so he just does about half the loop.  Last time I rode him though he did a pretty good job.



This is me riding Jango

Recently I have been riding a horse called Medium Blue which is weird because she is all white!  I really like riding Medium Blue because she is faster and listens to me more than Jango does.  The only problem is that Medium is so fast that when she trots she bumps into the other horse no matter how hard I pull back because the other girl who rides horses with me rides a horse that is as slow as molasses!  Hopefully when I'm good enough at riding I will be able to go in front of her instead of behind.  I can't wait to get to know and ride all of the horses at the riding stable because they all seem like really good horses!  I wish I could ride horses there every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment