Saturday 13 October 2012

Goose Fair in Nottingham


Goose Fair is a very big, super fun, and crazy fair that I have been waiting forever for and now it's finally here!  It happens on the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th of October every year.  Goose Fair has been going on for over 700 hundred years in Nottingham!  No one really knows how Goose Fair got it's name.  Some people say it comes from the hundreds of geese that were at one time driven from Lincolnshire to Norfolk to be sold in Nottingham.  Whether that's true or not, know one knows but however it got its name, I like it.  

When I went to Goose Fair, I was amazed at how many rides, food stands, and people there were.  I even went on some rides.  My favorite ride was called Cyclone.  It was really fun!  I don't know the name of my least favorite ride because I was too busy trying not too puke.  It was bad!  

All in all I did like Goose fair and wish I could go again but unfortunately I can't.  Maybe one day I will come back to Nottingham and go again but until then, so long Goose Fair.  I will miss you!

This is a picture of Goose Fair at night.  Unfortunately, I didn't get to see it at night but I heard it was very cool.

As you can see, Goose fair was packed with people even early in the day.

There were lots of "rubbish" food stands, as the English refer to them, along the edges of the fair.


This was my favorite ride.  It would jerk you around the corners and give you the illusion you were going to fall off.  It would also turn you in a circle when you got to a certain point in the ride.  It was really fun to ride!


This was my least favorite ride.  As you can see from the picture, it even went upside-down, twirled, and went really fast... which would have been fun if I wasn't getting sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment